Wednesday, December 19, 2007

As an introduction

OK, let's face it, I'm living my last months as a self-proclaimed hipster. For roughly 20 years now, I've been listening to all kind of indie music, from punk to twee, from goth to yacht, from industrial to bossa, from house to hard-bop. I've been to countless shows, watched more movies than I read books, started heated discussions about music, and I've been quite happy with that. I subscribed to some famous (at least in my home country) magazines, I read the specialized press, (rather occasionally I must admit), and of course nowadays I regularly browse through some blogs. I used to be a member of the indie police (you know, those kids who'll stop listening to a band because it becomes too popular, a la Indie Pete), but grew out of that, came out of the Abba closet (even if some friends are still convinced that it's the cherry on the poseur cake), and I'm now genuinely happy when the bands I like make some money. Y'all read Barnes' blurb on stereogum, right ? And yes, I wear a hoodie, tight jeans and Converse (or Doc's in winter time). And a very long scarf.

Anyway, I have the very strong feeling that this won't last forever, and may actually stop sooner than I can think. My memory not being what it used to be any longer, I need to document what happened, whether yesterday or during an afternoon sometime in the nineties. I started keeping track of the shows I've been to, movies I watched or rented, books I read at the very beginning of 2006, but failed to update on a regular basis (likely fate of this blog). What I have in mind here would be more of a random collection of little moments, depending on what Life throws in the wheels of my scooter or whatever memories show up. Nothing too personal however, there's another blog for that (invites only for that one).

So be forgiving, bear my rantings (and my somehow approximate use of the english language), and let's get rolling.

No comments: